12-10-2016, 04:32 PM
I love the home brew valve tester panel.
I have still got my home brew transistor tester and it still works.
It tests the base current at a fixed collector emitter voltage with 5 collector current settings like a poor mans curve tracer.
It has an original metal canned 741 op-amp and a couple of transistors and LEDs in order to set the collector emitter voltage.
I built it in the 1970s when LEDs were newfangled things.
A pencil and paper was the order of the day until I got my first electronic calculator for HFE tests.
I have still got my home brew transistor tester and it still works.
It tests the base current at a fixed collector emitter voltage with 5 collector current settings like a poor mans curve tracer.
It has an original metal canned 741 op-amp and a couple of transistors and LEDs in order to set the collector emitter voltage.
I built it in the 1970s when LEDs were newfangled things.
A pencil and paper was the order of the day until I got my first electronic calculator for HFE tests.







