12-10-2016, 09:05 AM
Thanks,
I did push the mA/V switch to one side during test, and the needle did go up. I can see what you mean now it has been explained in simpler language, and I can look into it further. When I first got a computer, I was completely baffled as to how it should be shut down. When I was told I had to hit the "start" key, and shut it down from there, they looked at me (in the shop where I purchased it - I had shut it down by pulling the plug
) like I was simple and declared "everyone know that!" Sadly, for folk like me (with a mind unclouded by fact) a lot of things are beyond my reasoning powers! 
Since yesterday, I have learned a lot about valve testers (fancy me not knowing they used AC instead of DC
)
Next week, I have chance of getting another one, so I hope it has more modern valveholders in it, plus a manual. The chap who owns it has been told by his wife that he has to get rid of all his radio "junk."
So I am hoping to provide a good home for his other tester.
Bob
I did push the mA/V switch to one side during test, and the needle did go up. I can see what you mean now it has been explained in simpler language, and I can look into it further. When I first got a computer, I was completely baffled as to how it should be shut down. When I was told I had to hit the "start" key, and shut it down from there, they looked at me (in the shop where I purchased it - I had shut it down by pulling the plug
) like I was simple and declared "everyone know that!" Sadly, for folk like me (with a mind unclouded by fact) a lot of things are beyond my reasoning powers! 
Since yesterday, I have learned a lot about valve testers (fancy me not knowing they used AC instead of DC
) Next week, I have chance of getting another one, so I hope it has more modern valveholders in it, plus a manual. The chap who owns it has been told by his wife that he has to get rid of all his radio "junk."
So I am hoping to provide a good home for his other tester.Bob







