11-10-2016, 08:45 AM
Yes I agree that the two colour systems would hardly be future proof but consider the following:
405 line TV
VHS
Beta
Valves
Car engines with points
There are many things that have gone so you could easily say none of the above were future proof. We have to look at things from the perspective of the times not from today's viewpoint.
I'm sure the two colour system could have been right at the time as was 405 lines even post war but to look at 405 now it would have been a joke just like two colour TV.
405 line TV
VHS
Beta
Valves
Car engines with points
There are many things that have gone so you could easily say none of the above were future proof. We have to look at things from the perspective of the times not from today's viewpoint.
I'm sure the two colour system could have been right at the time as was 405 lines even post war but to look at 405 now it would have been a joke just like two colour TV.






