10-10-2016, 06:31 PM
Hi Mike and everyone who helped
Checked all resistors and transistors and found , as you suggested Mike , that the output capacitor C7 was open Circuit. It was probably my erroneous testing of the output transistors that led me up the garden path (lesson learnt) but replaced anyway. Replaced C7 and the amplifier burst into life. Now working fine. In future I will be less suspect of transistors and check passive components and PCB track first. I have also ordered a transistor checker from eBay rather than relying on the diode check on my multimeter. Anyway thank you all again for your wisdom.
Dave
Checked all resistors and transistors and found , as you suggested Mike , that the output capacitor C7 was open Circuit. It was probably my erroneous testing of the output transistors that led me up the garden path (lesson learnt) but replaced anyway. Replaced C7 and the amplifier burst into life. Now working fine. In future I will be less suspect of transistors and check passive components and PCB track first. I have also ordered a transistor checker from eBay rather than relying on the diode check on my multimeter. Anyway thank you all again for your wisdom.
Dave






