10-10-2016, 11:58 AM
I hardly ever check a cap for value Trevor, just use an ESR meter.
As you say, sometimes the best diagnostic procedure is poking a circuit with a stick. I'll go over the Sony and redo the solder joints. As one OP tranny had blown on one channel, I'll order a couple of pairs and see what happens.
As the Marantz works ok with music, its probably ok, but I'll re test and listen for the crack you mention.
Thanks, Andy.
As you say, sometimes the best diagnostic procedure is poking a circuit with a stick. I'll go over the Sony and redo the solder joints. As one OP tranny had blown on one channel, I'll order a couple of pairs and see what happens.
As the Marantz works ok with music, its probably ok, but I'll re test and listen for the crack you mention.
Thanks, Andy.







