08-08-2016, 09:43 AM
The only time I use 1Gb (or close to it) is when the backups are running and it's moving data from SSDs to the NAS (also SSD) in another building. That all uses 1Gb (true wire speed) switches.
Note that just because a switch or router has ports that can clock at 1Gb/s, that does not mean that the device will forward data at anything like that speed - its all a bit of a con. Most low-end devices are pretty slow port-to-port.
I only used wired infrastructure (Cat 5e) in the bedrooms where, due to the house being all modern with foil-backed plasterboard and my not wanting to put strong WiFi in the kids' bedrooms when they were smaller, the Faraday shield effect of the construction means that the main house WiFi is not great - we also have DECT repeaters in the house as even they have very limited range for the same reason.
Using the Devolo 500 & 200Mb/s stuff, I don;t get any noticeable interference on my AM radios...
Note that just because a switch or router has ports that can clock at 1Gb/s, that does not mean that the device will forward data at anything like that speed - its all a bit of a con. Most low-end devices are pretty slow port-to-port.
I only used wired infrastructure (Cat 5e) in the bedrooms where, due to the house being all modern with foil-backed plasterboard and my not wanting to put strong WiFi in the kids' bedrooms when they were smaller, the Faraday shield effect of the construction means that the main house WiFi is not great - we also have DECT repeaters in the house as even they have very limited range for the same reason.
Using the Devolo 500 & 200Mb/s stuff, I don;t get any noticeable interference on my AM radios...
sıʌǝɹq ɐʇıʌ `ɐƃuol sɹɐ
ʞɔıu
ʞɔıu







