21-05-2016, 03:52 PM
(21-05-2016, 02:40 PM)Nick Wrote: Regarding Autoroute, it's a dead product as of 2014 - Microsoft announced end-of-life for it with Windows 7 in March of that year with actual EOL on December 31st, so you can't blame them for this - no software vendor supports its products for ever. https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/autoroute/home.aspx - the program started in in 1988 for goodness sake.
Thanks for reading my post and for your pithy and insightful observations Nick. I went to the M.S. link and it reads thus: "AutoRoute was discontinued on 31 December 2014. The discontinuation will not affect software already installed. Current users will be able to continue to plan their journeys".
Not so - leastways, not under W10.
(edit: removed by mods !)
No worries, it won't keep me awake at night - I'll just use Bing or Google Maps.
As to the microscope, it's less likely to be the scope or the PC that's defective, just my lack of computer literacy.
Like AutoRoute, I'm not W10 compatible - I'll have to try searching under 'USB Microscopes for the hard of thinking'!
Incidentally, for reasons that elude me, I can no longer cut and paste text from 'Word' into a forum post, nor can I cut and paste within a post, and the large gap in the text above is because I can't move the text up the page. The cursor will blink away on the line, but the keyboard won't more it up. No idea why - seems a coincidence that it's happened since MS planted W10 on my PC like a Trojan virus. Just another little niggle. (Doesn't happen on the UKVRF - leastways, not yet!). Maybe - like me - the Logitech wireless keyboard isn't W10 compatible?
Ho hum
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







