02-05-2016, 02:46 PM
.......but does anyone remember The Metro Cafe? This was in the entrance to the Met line tube station and was run by a Greek family.....
I remember that cafe, but used to go to another one nearby the Cafe Rest" run by Greek Cypriot family. Open all day until 10pm, always the same menu!. They retired a few years ago.
The Circle and Hammersmith and City lines trains run above and alongside the market now.
I remember the second hand TV shop, they also had a house in Gayford Road, (off Askew Road) which was full of old TV.s. Got many a set from there.
Later the bigger ex rental TV warehouses started to open. I think around Park Royal.
John
I remember that cafe, but used to go to another one nearby the Cafe Rest" run by Greek Cypriot family. Open all day until 10pm, always the same menu!. They retired a few years ago.
The Circle and Hammersmith and City lines trains run above and alongside the market now.
I remember the second hand TV shop, they also had a house in Gayford Road, (off Askew Road) which was full of old TV.s. Got many a set from there.
Later the bigger ex rental TV warehouses started to open. I think around Park Royal.
John







