19-03-2016, 08:47 AM
(This post was last modified: 19-03-2016, 08:57 AM by Radio Fixer.)
I looked at the Brahma lock Brian with interest not knowing about them. Not far from me actually.
On the inner and outer doors we have Yale deadlocks and I particularly like the one on the inner door as its very large and the 'keep' (is that the right word for the part that screws to the frame) is a chunk of steel 7" long fixed by 5 big screws. It can be deadlocked from inside before leaving whereas the outer can only be done from the outside. I'm not sure how many levers it has, looks like 6 from the key.
Both locks are relatively new and I shudder at my old neighbour who has a small Yale that is original to the 70's house. Possibly its so worn not much better that nail file would open it.
Its doubtful around here that any burglars go in for lock picking: it seems to be the jemmy or other brute force methods
. But If I'm going past Brahma I will call in for a look and a chat.
Apparently wooden doors can still be as strong as UPVC against forced entry and they are very easy if fitted with the so called Euro lock which can be snapped and removed in 13 secs (think that's still the record). Changed all of mine to snap proof ABS.
thanks Gary
On the inner and outer doors we have Yale deadlocks and I particularly like the one on the inner door as its very large and the 'keep' (is that the right word for the part that screws to the frame) is a chunk of steel 7" long fixed by 5 big screws. It can be deadlocked from inside before leaving whereas the outer can only be done from the outside. I'm not sure how many levers it has, looks like 6 from the key.
Both locks are relatively new and I shudder at my old neighbour who has a small Yale that is original to the 70's house. Possibly its so worn not much better that nail file would open it.
Its doubtful around here that any burglars go in for lock picking: it seems to be the jemmy or other brute force methods
. But If I'm going past Brahma I will call in for a look and a chat.Apparently wooden doors can still be as strong as UPVC against forced entry and they are very easy if fitted with the so called Euro lock which can be snapped and removed in 13 secs (think that's still the record). Changed all of mine to snap proof ABS.
thanks Gary







