25-02-2016, 05:38 PM
(25-02-2016, 05:14 PM)Nick Wrote: Big hands are an issue - I have HUGE hands, so have to have a reasonably large smart phone so the on-screen buttons are usable.
My FiL, who was a farmer, had such gnarly hands with "sausage" fingers (one of which he accidentally cut off with a chainsaw), that we had to get him a special telephone & mobile, each with EXTRA LARGE buttons !
Search Google for "phone with extra large buttons" and you'll see what I mean. Very useful for the digitally-challenged
The mobile we got him was one of the GPS tracking ones with speed-dial buttons so if he had an accident on the farm, we could find him - you can ask the phone where it is by sending it an SMS - they can also send out regular updates so if he goes into a "No signal" zone at least you'll know the entry point and time - trying to find an 88-year-old farmer somewhere in 150 acres of hilly woodlands, fields & meadows would be a nightmare...
Hi Nick.
Brilliant post and one that raised a smile.
A lot of the farmers round here still use a CB Radio and funnily enough when I was repairing pressure washers I got a nice little sideline fixing the old "chicken boxes" for them, most of the farmers wouldn't entertain a mobile phone due to big hand and fingers!







