16-02-2016, 08:41 AM
No! I have never worked on one Sam but really its only a 5 valve Supie + rectifier, eye and a double diode for the AFC. The IF second has a complicated tuned circuit which also is the discriminator for the AFC. Should be a good performer, I think a tuned RF stage helps a lot, about 10 dB increase in RF gain for one thing.
Here is a good book if you want to read up on AFC:
www.tubebooks.org/Books/afcs.pdf
www.tuberadioland.com/automatic_tuning_and_AFC.html
The actual motor tuning is a US (I remember it being Delco) mechanism that virtually all the makers used except Philips of course. Well they wouldn't would they !
Have fun Gary
Here is a good book if you want to read up on AFC:
www.tubebooks.org/Books/afcs.pdf
www.tuberadioland.com/automatic_tuning_and_AFC.html
The actual motor tuning is a US (I remember it being Delco) mechanism that virtually all the makers used except Philips of course. Well they wouldn't would they !
Have fun Gary







