11-02-2016, 09:03 AM
As David said a bewildering list of add on's when buying a new car
One worth having is front and back radar. My wife wanted it after a small shunt into another vehicle and now I've used it I find it a good feature. The car came with it as it was one year old but buying from new its usually a fairly pricey fit. I wouldn't do what a friend does though and buy the new car and then have it fitted by an auto electrician. How do they get the wires from back to front, under the carpets maybe? But it is possible that all wiring is there and he just plugs the kit of parts in: that would be OK.
The built in Sat Nav beats the stick on the window ones, it has so many good features and clearer instructions but again is expensive as are the software upgrades. Wonder why that is compared to the after market?
Gary
One worth having is front and back radar. My wife wanted it after a small shunt into another vehicle and now I've used it I find it a good feature. The car came with it as it was one year old but buying from new its usually a fairly pricey fit. I wouldn't do what a friend does though and buy the new car and then have it fitted by an auto electrician. How do they get the wires from back to front, under the carpets maybe? But it is possible that all wiring is there and he just plugs the kit of parts in: that would be OK.
The built in Sat Nav beats the stick on the window ones, it has so many good features and clearer instructions but again is expensive as are the software upgrades. Wonder why that is compared to the after market?
Gary







