06-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Hi,
Thanks Tony; I enjoyed doing the job but am now pleased it is completed and hope I don't have to touch the chimney for many years to come. I've been foolish as I've had a clear out and tidy up under the bungalow; I pulled out lots of scrap metal that might come in handy some day and piled it up; I also disposed of my scaffolding which is no longer used; the scrap man picked it all up this afternoon so I've now got some space to clutter up once again; the picture shows some of the scrap but I've still retained plenty.
Nice one Alan and very near the truth as living here on the valley side is both good and bad; we have panoramic views across the valley and catch a lot of sun but the downside is that we also catch the full force of rain; wind; snow hail etc. last winter a JCB came along the street to dig us out of the snow and a number of neighbours complained that it left the street like a skating rink but we were no longer worried as we now fit Avon Ice Touring Tyres to our Toyota Aygo's front driving wheels and they make a tremendous difference. (£108 the pair delivered to our door direct from Germany and £20 for a pair of almost new steel wheels with a further £28 for snow chains just in case).
A weak heart would be no good living here either as cutting the grass in our back garden takes me 45 minutes using a petrol mower and gives me a fabulous workout. We love it here though and our bungalow is our dream home; it should be because we've just about rebuilt it over the last 24 years living here.
I bet I need some of the scrap tomorrow that I've disposed of today.
Kind regards, Col.
[attachment=1187]
Some of the scrap metal awaiting collection.
Thanks Tony; I enjoyed doing the job but am now pleased it is completed and hope I don't have to touch the chimney for many years to come. I've been foolish as I've had a clear out and tidy up under the bungalow; I pulled out lots of scrap metal that might come in handy some day and piled it up; I also disposed of my scaffolding which is no longer used; the scrap man picked it all up this afternoon so I've now got some space to clutter up once again; the picture shows some of the scrap but I've still retained plenty.
Nice one Alan and very near the truth as living here on the valley side is both good and bad; we have panoramic views across the valley and catch a lot of sun but the downside is that we also catch the full force of rain; wind; snow hail etc. last winter a JCB came along the street to dig us out of the snow and a number of neighbours complained that it left the street like a skating rink but we were no longer worried as we now fit Avon Ice Touring Tyres to our Toyota Aygo's front driving wheels and they make a tremendous difference. (£108 the pair delivered to our door direct from Germany and £20 for a pair of almost new steel wheels with a further £28 for snow chains just in case).
A weak heart would be no good living here either as cutting the grass in our back garden takes me 45 minutes using a petrol mower and gives me a fabulous workout. We love it here though and our bungalow is our dream home; it should be because we've just about rebuilt it over the last 24 years living here.
I bet I need some of the scrap tomorrow that I've disposed of today.
Kind regards, Col.
[attachment=1187]
Some of the scrap metal awaiting collection.






