06-01-2016, 12:52 AM
The valley is made up of concrete tiles and held in place with cement.
The trouble from above is that the crack can't be seen but as the under felt was already damaged from leakage over time I have peeled it back and discovered the crack from below.
I have started to dig under the crack so that I can seal it with cement. I will need a dry spell of several days in order to fix in place some kind of mold to form the cement casting that needs to be made between the three parts the tile has broken into.
In order to do it from above would involve removing quite a lot of tiles and would take quite a while.
A builder would not touch it unless he was going to replace the roof entirely.
The trouble from above is that the crack can't be seen but as the under felt was already damaged from leakage over time I have peeled it back and discovered the crack from below.
I have started to dig under the crack so that I can seal it with cement. I will need a dry spell of several days in order to fix in place some kind of mold to form the cement casting that needs to be made between the three parts the tile has broken into.
In order to do it from above would involve removing quite a lot of tiles and would take quite a while.
A builder would not touch it unless he was going to replace the roof entirely.







