02-01-2016, 04:54 PM
Well I've finished this little project and it seems to work well. I've just tested a couple of vintage inter-valve transformers, which have registered a null at 3:1 and 4:1, which sounds sensible. I've attached a few pics of the finished tester. I did scrap the earlier from panel and made a new one. The panel is 2mm 'Paxolin', the blue front with the lettering on it is card, which is encapsulated, then it has a piece of 2mm clear acrylic over it to protect it. I used a 'figure of 8' mains socket for the mains lead input- I didn't bother to add a fuse, except in the mains plug.
It will only very occasionally be used, but as I've said before, I enjoy making little items of test gear and apart from the wire-wound pot, (£2.40 new, post free on e-bay), I had all the other bits.
Not much else to say really, other than I hope it's of interest.
It will only very occasionally be used, but as I've said before, I enjoy making little items of test gear and apart from the wire-wound pot, (£2.40 new, post free on e-bay), I had all the other bits.
Not much else to say really, other than I hope it's of interest.
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







