22-12-2015, 04:47 PM
(22-12-2015, 04:22 PM)Cleggy Wrote: I'm surprised by your comment that some spares for the 75 are hard to find. I'm still running a 1998 Rover 600 and have not had any real problems with spares. I wonder if you are a member of the mg-rover forum http://www.mg-rover.org/ as that will be a good place to communicate with other owners of 75's and see how they are coping.
I really like my 600, which is of course based on Honda components. A large part of the expense of running most cars is depreciation, but I only paid £1400 for the 600 eleven years ago, so that's been pretty economic. I also run a Toyota Celica, which I very much enjoy, but that has lost far more through depreciation. As for a good replacement for your 75 or my 600....regret to say that I don't have any great ideas; so many of the current crop of cars look damn ugly to me.
600's sell for peanuts now - any good for you?
C
Hi Cleggy.
Yes I'm a member of mg-rover.org and the 75&ZT owners club.
There is now a fair sized list of parts NLA, the upper rear arms are a weak point and their supply is patchy, Rimmers occasionally have them but at a big price and DMGRS have imported them from the MG7 line and SAIC beforehand. Body spares are non existent but the breakers can help there as body rust is rare.
I would have a facelift 75 but I find some far too expensive and often with a list of faults due to neglect.
Oh well I might be lucky and find one at the right price.

.




