01-12-2015, 08:41 AM
I've been peeing in that location for years Gary, one of the freedoms of living out in the sticks.
The two different readings I got on different days might be due to a couple of things, 1st, the rods interface to the mass of the earth might be settling in, 2nd the tester as supplied at the moment can only do the test from a ring or spur outlet socket, the plug/socket contact resistance might have changed between the two tests, they do an IEC lead with test probes to fit that unit so's the test can be done at the phase/neutral/MET at the consumer unit, might get that lead at some point if I can scrape up some cash
Lawrence.
The two different readings I got on different days might be due to a couple of things, 1st, the rods interface to the mass of the earth might be settling in, 2nd the tester as supplied at the moment can only do the test from a ring or spur outlet socket, the plug/socket contact resistance might have changed between the two tests, they do an IEC lead with test probes to fit that unit so's the test can be done at the phase/neutral/MET at the consumer unit, might get that lead at some point if I can scrape up some cash

Lawrence.







