30-10-2015, 06:07 PM
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2015, 06:17 PM by Radio Fixer.)
That is a hard one from a small picture Nick. I cant really visualise the speaker front from that and cant appreciate the size. But it is a lot better than some that appear on web sites and at auctions. The worst are those with a floral design that look as if the material has been cut out of old curtains.
In my early days I use to try to find cloth of the right colour and not worry too much about the design but from experience I now do it the other way around. I have two radios here like that where the design is too big and probably intended for full front or console. Below is an example, the colour is excellent to the original and note the, to me, perfect positioning. But it doesn't look right. One day I will have to change them, no problem, its all experience and the cost of the cloth is down in the noise !
Often a plain cloth is better than a pattern unless it closely matches the original. Its certainly a lot easier to do.
Gary
In my early days I use to try to find cloth of the right colour and not worry too much about the design but from experience I now do it the other way around. I have two radios here like that where the design is too big and probably intended for full front or console. Below is an example, the colour is excellent to the original and note the, to me, perfect positioning. But it doesn't look right. One day I will have to change them, no problem, its all experience and the cost of the cloth is down in the noise !
Often a plain cloth is better than a pattern unless it closely matches the original. Its certainly a lot easier to do.
Gary







