28-10-2015, 08:01 PM
OK, I've been lugging - well, the car has! - this laptop around the Wet Midlands and Central wales for a week so I suppose it's time I booted it up and anyway, the phone needs charging ...
Here's a typical grid bias battery - note the markings:
![[Image: winner_grid_battery_9_1733130.jpg]](http://www.radiomuseum.org/images/radio/ever_ready_co_ltd/winner_grid_battery_9_1733130.jpg)
Translating this into David's drawing gives us this:
See the difference?
Considering Nick's confusion in the original post, it is important to get something like this right to avoid spreading further confusion.
At least, that's my attitude - your's might differ ...
Here's a typical grid bias battery - note the markings:
![[Image: winner_grid_battery_9_1733130.jpg]](http://www.radiomuseum.org/images/radio/ever_ready_co_ltd/winner_grid_battery_9_1733130.jpg)
Translating this into David's drawing gives us this:
See the difference?
Considering Nick's confusion in the original post, it is important to get something like this right to avoid spreading further confusion.
At least, that's my attitude - your's might differ ...






