27-10-2015, 07:07 AM
These were always at the cheap and cheerful end of record players. They worked effectively enough for the intended purpose but couldn't give high quality sound and could wear out records pretty quickly.
I first saw something like this when I was in my teens. My parents had a reasonably decent record player which used ECC83/EL84/EZ80 and a fairly large speaker. I then saw and helped to fix a friend's machine which had, ISTR, a UCL??? or UL?? and UY85. I think the heaters ran from a tap on the motor windings. I was appalled at the lack of mains isolation but you never really heard of people getting hurt back then.
I first saw something like this when I was in my teens. My parents had a reasonably decent record player which used ECC83/EL84/EZ80 and a fairly large speaker. I then saw and helped to fix a friend's machine which had, ISTR, a UCL??? or UL?? and UY85. I think the heaters ran from a tap on the motor windings. I was appalled at the lack of mains isolation but you never really heard of people getting hurt back then.
www.borinsky.co.uk Jeffrey Borinsky www.becg.tv







