16-10-2015, 06:59 AM
I see no reason why the earth bonding cable can't share with comms cables. It's not a live conductor within the meaning of the regs. Incidentally the term "live" in the regs includes both phase and neutral conductors. Actually comms cables can share space with armoured cable since there is an earthed barrier between live conductors and aything else.
Not sure if I've interprested this corerctly but are there cascaded RCDs in the feed to the shower? I explained the problem of cascaded RCDs and discrimination in post #11.
I think you may also have discrimination problems between the MCB for the shower and the MCB at the house end of the armoured cable. This is mainly a convenience issue rather than a safety one, except that if the house end MCB trips due to a fault on the shower you're left in the dark.
Not sure if I've interprested this corerctly but are there cascaded RCDs in the feed to the shower? I explained the problem of cascaded RCDs and discrimination in post #11.
I think you may also have discrimination problems between the MCB for the shower and the MCB at the house end of the armoured cable. This is mainly a convenience issue rather than a safety one, except that if the house end MCB trips due to a fault on the shower you're left in the dark.
www.borinsky.co.uk Jeffrey Borinsky www.becg.tv







