15-10-2015, 06:34 PM
(15-10-2015, 06:00 PM)ppppenguin Wrote: Sorry, got confused. 10mm armoured isn't cheap and not mormally needed for a few sockets and lights. Unless it's a very long run and there's a volt drop problem.
The trouble with using the 3rd core for earth bonding is that the CPC (circuit protective conductor, earth to most of us) isn't the same thing as an equipotential bonding conductor. AFAIK you can't use the same bit of wire for both. If you had 4 core armoured it would be different. You could then use separate cores for CPC and bonding.
No worries on the mix up.
Yes, 3 core 10 mm armoured is what we have, I believe the electric shower is around 8/9 Kw, I'll check the actual KW out if I can, there is likely to be an electric radiator as well if the caravan/chalet is used in the winter probably a 1 KW job at most, the under sink water heater is 2 KW, the structure is well insulated, the ceiling/roof is 300 mm Rockwool, the walls are 100 mm Kingspan/Celotex along with 50 mm of Rockwool so that's 150mm in the walls with that combination, the plywood floor is insulated underneath with Kingspan/Celotex.
I believe the armoured cable I laid is rated at 15 KVA, I could run a separate bonding conductor back to the house via the plastic pipe duct mentioned in the Internet Connection Question thread which I started a day or so ago, it might be able to run along side the Cat 5 cable which has been proposed inside that duct...not sure if that's regs proof though?
If not I can dig another trench alongside the one that the armoured cable was buried in and put another duct in for the bonding return to the house.
Lawrence.







