06-10-2015, 10:32 PM
I was being too optimistic in post #3. There is an intermittent fault somewhere. The next day the radio wouldn't power up at all. As to dire DAB radios, no doubt there are a few, but my own Ferguson FRG-R116D, the Logik LOG-R128D, and it's Ferguson FRG-R121D 'clone' seem quite well made, and decent performing sets, although I've not carried out any signal to noise, or other tests on any of them. My FRG-R116D has one odd problem on it's FM band, in that it won't receive R. Oxford on 95.2 due to a kind of 'beat whistle' around that frequency. I did wonder if that was due to interference from the L.O. due to Smooth radio on 105.7Mhz (105.7-10.7 being 95Mhz) This would, of course be the case if the FM L.O. is below the incoming frequency. No other radio I have suffers from this phenomenon, though!






