There's a special place in Hell for people who use nanoFarads. 
I don't know why but they confuse the bejabers out of me. There's no logic to it: we use Ohms, kilOhms, and MegOhms and nanoFarads make more sense than lots of picoFarads or zeroes in front of microFarads but I still end up mentally converting them. The nanoFarad is also as near as damn it a Jar so has a certain historical appeal.
I've also seen microFarad written MF, which would strictly be megaFarad, a mind-boggling unit.
I looked the HMV 1121 up in R&TVS in case there was a mis-print on the Trader sheet but it's not in.
If the cap in question is part of the tone control circuit it may have been deliberately upped to change the frequency response to somebody's taste.
— Joe

I don't know why but they confuse the bejabers out of me. There's no logic to it: we use Ohms, kilOhms, and MegOhms and nanoFarads make more sense than lots of picoFarads or zeroes in front of microFarads but I still end up mentally converting them. The nanoFarad is also as near as damn it a Jar so has a certain historical appeal.
I've also seen microFarad written MF, which would strictly be megaFarad, a mind-boggling unit.
I looked the HMV 1121 up in R&TVS in case there was a mis-print on the Trader sheet but it's not in.
If the cap in question is part of the tone control circuit it may have been deliberately upped to change the frequency response to somebody's taste.
— Joe






