24-09-2015, 04:43 PM
(24-09-2015, 04:23 PM)ppppenguin Wrote: I don't like the way that US scheamtics are drawn.
One point which you have hinted at is that the power supplies have negligible impedance. If everything is ideal the anode is at the same SIGNAL potential as the ground or 0V rail. The DC potential is different, that's called HTOr B+ in US speak.
I'll go over some of this again tonight. Does it seem to you the cathode resistor here is being used to simply push the signal directly to the anode? That's how it seemed to me as at first I was confused and thought the signal was between the grid and cathode.
They were quite keen on grid leaks which they call "plate detectors". In fact, lots of American circuits show triodes being used with signals being taken to the grid. Not so many DDT's.


Or B+ in US speak.




