23-09-2015, 05:48 PM
I bought 100 from Maplin at a reasonable price but they were terrible! None of them leaked but I was having trouble with short life in a radio I was using a lot and assumed that the radio was at fault but never got a round tuit before the wireless doorbell died after a few weeks.
When I slapped a meter across the 3 cells, a got about a volt! Checking further showed the individual cells to be 1.2V, 1.1V and -1.2V - that's right, one had discharged completely and become reverse charged!
They went back to Maplin for a refund ...
I now use Kodak branded cells from Poundland - six for a pound. They're always marked up as a special - buy 4, get 2 free - but they've been selling them like that for years! Other pound shops also sell them but only in the four-packs ...
I've never had one leak and the current batch have an expiry date of 2025, so I'm happy with that!
When I slapped a meter across the 3 cells, a got about a volt! Checking further showed the individual cells to be 1.2V, 1.1V and -1.2V - that's right, one had discharged completely and become reverse charged!
They went back to Maplin for a refund ...
I now use Kodak branded cells from Poundland - six for a pound. They're always marked up as a special - buy 4, get 2 free - but they've been selling them like that for years! Other pound shops also sell them but only in the four-packs ...
I've never had one leak and the current batch have an expiry date of 2025, so I'm happy with that!






