23-09-2015, 12:37 PM
Looks a good buy for a monochrome laser Jeffrey.
I’m a bit surprised - given that Samsung is one of the largest manufacturers of consumer electronics in the world - that they haven’t ‘Anglicised’ their literal South Korean more correctly. EG:
Errrm?
If I were printing lots of documents, I'd certainly got for a laser.
Always difficult to know which make and model to choose - there's such a proliferation of models, even within makes, let alone across the board. As with any product, they list the features and benefits, but never say what the printer won't do - EG, that's how I got caught out with my Epson ink-jet printer which - like all current Epson printers (and unlike HP) - doesn't have a setting for printing onto acetates, which is something I require. I eventually found a way to do it by fooling the printer, thanks to Joe pointing me in the right direction.
A big consideration for me would be the cost of ink cartridges or if laser, the toner.
If I were choosing an ink jet now, I'd go for an HP model which uses 364 cartridges. They're widely used and a set of genuine HP Cartridges is under £20 post free:
https://www.justinkandpaper.com/product/...wgodtG4KmA
HP364 high capacity pattern carts can be had for about £12.00 a set:
http://inksdirect.org.uk/products/ha51set-1blackinkcartridgesreplaceforhp364xl-highcapacity?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=7076379779
I never use original cartridges anyway - a set of genuine Epson cartridges would cost me more than a new printer.
I suppose it very much depends on our personal needs - for example, I'm not into photography - I take 'snapshots' rather than 'photographs' and I never print pictures - I just pop them on a USB stick and take it to the photo shop, which for my needs, produces excellent prints for a few pence each.
I think toner carts have come down in price, but I don't have any personal experience of laser printers.
Genuine Samsung toner carts for your printer seem to be under £25.00 and (allegedly) are good for about 3,000 pages - seems good to me:
http://www.viking-direct.co.uk/catalog/catalogSku.do?id=6602814&PR=QT9&cm_mmc=Google-_-PLA_GEN_GOOGLE-SHOPPING_paper-and-printing-_-Samsung-Toner-Cartridges-_-6602814&s2m_channel=544&_%24ja=cgid:16600084457|tsid:34770|cid:242833937|lid:91678072217|nw:g|crid:55356844457|rnd:10607550915399120359|dvc:c|adp:1o2|bku:1&gclid=CN2CqJyRjcgCFUccGwodqb4DCg
(Don't know if the guy who says a cartridge is good for 3,000 pages is related to the guy who says that VW car exhausts have clean emissions!
)
I’m a bit surprised - given that Samsung is one of the largest manufacturers of consumer electronics in the world - that they haven’t ‘Anglicised’ their literal South Korean more correctly. EG:
Quote:Very practical is the function used to diagnose faults print - just place the phone equipped with NFC for the printer to appear on the display of tips and videos, by which a given problem.
Errrm?
If I were printing lots of documents, I'd certainly got for a laser.
Always difficult to know which make and model to choose - there's such a proliferation of models, even within makes, let alone across the board. As with any product, they list the features and benefits, but never say what the printer won't do - EG, that's how I got caught out with my Epson ink-jet printer which - like all current Epson printers (and unlike HP) - doesn't have a setting for printing onto acetates, which is something I require. I eventually found a way to do it by fooling the printer, thanks to Joe pointing me in the right direction.
A big consideration for me would be the cost of ink cartridges or if laser, the toner.
If I were choosing an ink jet now, I'd go for an HP model which uses 364 cartridges. They're widely used and a set of genuine HP Cartridges is under £20 post free:
https://www.justinkandpaper.com/product/...wgodtG4KmA
HP364 high capacity pattern carts can be had for about £12.00 a set:
http://inksdirect.org.uk/products/ha51set-1blackinkcartridgesreplaceforhp364xl-highcapacity?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=7076379779
I never use original cartridges anyway - a set of genuine Epson cartridges would cost me more than a new printer.
I suppose it very much depends on our personal needs - for example, I'm not into photography - I take 'snapshots' rather than 'photographs' and I never print pictures - I just pop them on a USB stick and take it to the photo shop, which for my needs, produces excellent prints for a few pence each.
I think toner carts have come down in price, but I don't have any personal experience of laser printers.
Genuine Samsung toner carts for your printer seem to be under £25.00 and (allegedly) are good for about 3,000 pages - seems good to me:
http://www.viking-direct.co.uk/catalog/catalogSku.do?id=6602814&PR=QT9&cm_mmc=Google-_-PLA_GEN_GOOGLE-SHOPPING_paper-and-printing-_-Samsung-Toner-Cartridges-_-6602814&s2m_channel=544&_%24ja=cgid:16600084457|tsid:34770|cid:242833937|lid:91678072217|nw:g|crid:55356844457|rnd:10607550915399120359|dvc:c|adp:1o2|bku:1&gclid=CN2CqJyRjcgCFUccGwodqb4DCg
(Don't know if the guy who says a cartridge is good for 3,000 pages is related to the guy who says that VW car exhausts have clean emissions!
)
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







