23-09-2015, 11:33 AM
Good idea re the split, Mark.
I've got a CD-RW drive that is very anti-social and won't share a cable with anything.
The computer I'm typing this on is SATA. Everything else is pretty primitive though.
My computing needs aren't demanding, most of the time it's sat waiting for me to do something. I don't play games, though was playing Alley Cat from 1984 in DOSBox under Linux yesterday, or use video-streaming sites other than YouTube. Even stuff on the BBC i-Player gets down-loaded first.
By the way, I only de-commissioned (and I use that word advisedly as I didn't scarp it) my old Amstard PC1512 about three years ago. During its final years it had no hard disk at all and a third-height 3½" floppy mounted on a bit of old central heating boiler poking out of the front. The printer was kept going on a cocktail of fountain pen ink and WD-40.
— Joe
I've got a CD-RW drive that is very anti-social and won't share a cable with anything.
The computer I'm typing this on is SATA. Everything else is pretty primitive though.
My computing needs aren't demanding, most of the time it's sat waiting for me to do something. I don't play games, though was playing Alley Cat from 1984 in DOSBox under Linux yesterday, or use video-streaming sites other than YouTube. Even stuff on the BBC i-Player gets down-loaded first.
By the way, I only de-commissioned (and I use that word advisedly as I didn't scarp it) my old Amstard PC1512 about three years ago. During its final years it had no hard disk at all and a third-height 3½" floppy mounted on a bit of old central heating boiler poking out of the front. The printer was kept going on a cocktail of fountain pen ink and WD-40.
— Joe






