23-09-2015, 09:39 AM
When I worked for Michael Cox Electronics ISTR we had special pots made for our faders with only 90 degrees of travel. The fader handle was connected directly to the pot shaft.
Assuming video isn't going directly through the pot which is usually not a good idea the easiest approach is simple mechanics and fix it in the electronics. In an analogue environment that simplly an opamp, a few resistors and a couple of preset posts to get the required voltage swing. In a digital environment it's probably easier to have a bit more resolution on the ADC and calibrate the pot digitally.
I think I disposed of all my Cox surplus assemblies some years ago but if you're interested I'll have a quick look for some faders.
Assuming video isn't going directly through the pot which is usually not a good idea the easiest approach is simple mechanics and fix it in the electronics. In an analogue environment that simplly an opamp, a few resistors and a couple of preset posts to get the required voltage swing. In a digital environment it's probably easier to have a bit more resolution on the ADC and calibrate the pot digitally.
I think I disposed of all my Cox surplus assemblies some years ago but if you're interested I'll have a quick look for some faders.
www.borinsky.co.uk Jeffrey Borinsky www.becg.tv







