01-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Fantastic job Colin!
The 'stone' looks really authentic and will, I'm sure, weather much better than the original.
For cutting stone and slabs, I use an angle grinder with stone cutting discs. If you cut a deep notch either side the block or slab easily breaks with a gentle tap here and there with a lump hammer and bolster.
With the range of jobs that you tackle, you remind me of those little firms who advertise 'no job too small or large'! You should acquaint forum members with your tree felling escapade and the pics of all the timber stacked around your house!
David
The 'stone' looks really authentic and will, I'm sure, weather much better than the original.
For cutting stone and slabs, I use an angle grinder with stone cutting discs. If you cut a deep notch either side the block or slab easily breaks with a gentle tap here and there with a lump hammer and bolster.
With the range of jobs that you tackle, you remind me of those little firms who advertise 'no job too small or large'! You should acquaint forum members with your tree felling escapade and the pics of all the timber stacked around your house!
David







