01-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Hi,
Thanks Alan, it's been breezy here too and quite cool on the roof first thing this morning but once the sun came out it was soon feeling hot.
Good luck with yours Brian and it would be interesting to hear what you are quoted for lifting gear and how you resolve the job; I wouldn't recommend anyone to go onto a roof unless they were confident and not scared of heights but doing this work myself saves me a fortune.
Many thanks Tony you really are so kind. Since getting married and having no spare money I decided the only way to get work done around the house was to buy books and read up on the various subjects; I also bought tools and later bought scrap machines which I rebuilt enabling me to tackle jobs I always thought required tradespeople in to sort out. Its so easy to spend a great deal of money for a poor job done; my approach at first was extremely slow but over the years I've gained confidence and now tackle anything. These days many repair jobs around the home are covered by free videos on "you tube"
Bron and I have lived here for 24 years and every year I've tackled a big job and thought at last I could have a rest this year until the chimney needed sorting out but rather than complain about such jobs and resent doing them I turn them into a project making them more interesting.
I'll post a picture of the finished chimney in the near future.
Kind regards, Col.
Thanks Alan, it's been breezy here too and quite cool on the roof first thing this morning but once the sun came out it was soon feeling hot.
Good luck with yours Brian and it would be interesting to hear what you are quoted for lifting gear and how you resolve the job; I wouldn't recommend anyone to go onto a roof unless they were confident and not scared of heights but doing this work myself saves me a fortune.
Many thanks Tony you really are so kind. Since getting married and having no spare money I decided the only way to get work done around the house was to buy books and read up on the various subjects; I also bought tools and later bought scrap machines which I rebuilt enabling me to tackle jobs I always thought required tradespeople in to sort out. Its so easy to spend a great deal of money for a poor job done; my approach at first was extremely slow but over the years I've gained confidence and now tackle anything. These days many repair jobs around the home are covered by free videos on "you tube"
Bron and I have lived here for 24 years and every year I've tackled a big job and thought at last I could have a rest this year until the chimney needed sorting out but rather than complain about such jobs and resent doing them I turn them into a project making them more interesting.
I'll post a picture of the finished chimney in the near future.
Kind regards, Col.






