07-09-2015, 09:47 PM
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2015, 10:04 PM by Herald1360.
Edit Reason: Afterthought
)
(07-09-2015, 06:11 PM)Yorkie Wrote: I've always felt that the JD Power Surveys are a betterS source of reliable feedback on cars than the highly subjective reviews by motoring journalists based on taking a car for a spin on a 'jolly' paid for by the makers. How for example, can how a car drives be described as 'dull' or 'exciti8ng'? It's nonsense - it's a car for goodness sake!
I agree with the comment about JDP surveys, but having driven both Lada 1500 and Fiat 124S I can appreciate the "dull" / "exciting" description too. Similarly the contrast between the Nissan Bluebird and Austin Montego is quite distinct. Some cars are just much more engaging than others.
For Skoda jokes- "What do you call a Skoda with twin exhausts?" "A wheelbarrow!"
I've had two Fabias- one with the old Skoda 1.4 pushrod lump and my present 11 year old 1.9TDI. They also have completely different characters.
......_______
.....___/|__|__|\____
.=.( _---\__|___|_---_)
......O...Chris....O
.....___/|__|__|\____
.=.( _---\__|___|_---_)
......O...Chris....O







