07-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Thanks for reading the post Trevor, and for your comments.
Yes, they did well year after year in Rallies, but I suppose they were held back from a styling and capital investment aspect somewhat due to being kept under the thumb by the USSR prior to the 'velvet revolution' of 1989, (same year that the Berlin Wall came down), after which Czechoslovakia ceased to exist, and became the two separate countries of the Czech Republic and Slovakia. The Skoda Octavia shares many parts with the Audi TT - brakes, suspension, steering, electrics etc. Makes sense really - why make a different electric window winder of windscreen wiper motor for every model in the group - that looses the economies of scale.
If I'm not mistaken, it was Skoda Engineering who made the central hub for the Millennium Wheel in London.
Yes, they did well year after year in Rallies, but I suppose they were held back from a styling and capital investment aspect somewhat due to being kept under the thumb by the USSR prior to the 'velvet revolution' of 1989, (same year that the Berlin Wall came down), after which Czechoslovakia ceased to exist, and became the two separate countries of the Czech Republic and Slovakia. The Skoda Octavia shares many parts with the Audi TT - brakes, suspension, steering, electrics etc. Makes sense really - why make a different electric window winder of windscreen wiper motor for every model in the group - that looses the economies of scale.
If I'm not mistaken, it was Skoda Engineering who made the central hub for the Millennium Wheel in London.
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







