03-09-2015, 01:23 AM
I have a spare diode but it is safe to go on with the rest of the work without me digging it out for now.
The second link in post 18 goes to the best reference for the circuit.
The preamp sections are like a mixture of the two valve and three valve preamps. Armed with these diagrams and with a magnifier I have worked out that I should be able to get to the capacitors to fit replacements. I keep them as stock items but was a bit low so have ordered more supplies and some specials for something else I am doing. They should be here in a day or two.
My supplier is doing free post on all orders but whom knows how long for though.
The gold EM34 does indeed have a date code.
The second link in post 18 goes to the best reference for the circuit.
The preamp sections are like a mixture of the two valve and three valve preamps. Armed with these diagrams and with a magnifier I have worked out that I should be able to get to the capacitors to fit replacements. I keep them as stock items but was a bit low so have ordered more supplies and some specials for something else I am doing. They should be here in a day or two.
My supplier is doing free post on all orders but whom knows how long for though.
The gold EM34 does indeed have a date code.







