31-08-2015, 06:33 PM
I'm a little puzzled here as, despite the clear dating of that electrolytic, the resistors say 1960s to me. Are some of those blue electrolytics TCC or Mullard/Philips by any chance? The early versions of the latter were silver and, again, the blue says 1960s.
There are also some Mullard C296 'mustards' in there and the blue switch wafers suggest RS 'Makaswitch' - can anybody date these?
The Bulgin knobs, of course, were in their catalogue for very many years, so are timeless, from the point of view of this exercise.
The date codes on the valves could be enlightening as I would expect most of them, - other than the output stage and rectifier, possibly - to be original.
There are also some Mullard C296 'mustards' in there and the blue switch wafers suggest RS 'Makaswitch' - can anybody date these?
The Bulgin knobs, of course, were in their catalogue for very many years, so are timeless, from the point of view of this exercise.
The date codes on the valves could be enlightening as I would expect most of them, - other than the output stage and rectifier, possibly - to be original.






