31-08-2015, 10:12 AM
Can 't begin to imagine what that would have cost in its day, considering the materials (notably the chokes, transformers and valves) and the time to construct it. I wonder what it was originally intended for - though it looks presentable, it doesn't really look like it was intended for domestic use. Not the sort of thing I'd normally associate with Dansette, which were built down to a price - not up to a standard, with minimalist component counts.
Maybe it was Dansette's attempt to break into the hi-fi market, even though the brand was firmly grounded at the lower end - bought on easy terms by impecunious kids in their late teens?
Certainly a rare beast, which will give a very good account of itself when finally fettled up.
For the likes of us, it looks too sexy 'undressed' to put back into the cabinet!
Maybe it was Dansette's attempt to break into the hi-fi market, even though the brand was firmly grounded at the lower end - bought on easy terms by impecunious kids in their late teens?
Certainly a rare beast, which will give a very good account of itself when finally fettled up.
For the likes of us, it looks too sexy 'undressed' to put back into the cabinet!
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







