30-08-2015, 10:30 PM
I have had the cap reformer onto it and about half of the TCC 0.5uf capacitors are leaky one of the worst being a coupling part on one of the output pentodes shoving 18 volts onto the grid.
I am going to have to order some more of those as I only have enough in stock to do the output stages.
Does anyone know where in the UK I can get electrolytic capacitors rated at 500 or 550V as one of the existing ones looks a bit dodgy.
I will set the tapping on the mains side up to 250V as it is at the moment set to 240V and looking at the voltages on the transformer even 500V capacitors look marginal especially with the two channels having there own HT switches and 420 ohms in the HT rectifier circuit. If a power cable goes bad the voltage could creep up and blow the smoothing capacitors. The HT windings are rated at 410V
The output transformers are adjustable to a more convenient 8 ohms and not the 15 ohms they are set to right now.
I am going to have to order some more of those as I only have enough in stock to do the output stages.
Does anyone know where in the UK I can get electrolytic capacitors rated at 500 or 550V as one of the existing ones looks a bit dodgy.
I will set the tapping on the mains side up to 250V as it is at the moment set to 240V and looking at the voltages on the transformer even 500V capacitors look marginal especially with the two channels having there own HT switches and 420 ohms in the HT rectifier circuit. If a power cable goes bad the voltage could creep up and blow the smoothing capacitors. The HT windings are rated at 410V
The output transformers are adjustable to a more convenient 8 ohms and not the 15 ohms they are set to right now.







