21-08-2015, 07:00 PM
OK - that's why I asked.
Firefox now blocks Flash by default. So it's not just a case of blocking out of date versions any more. It's a policy that comes from a good place - Flash is, well, you saw what Jeffrey said! - but it's used by a lot of websites...
Gradually we are moving over to HTML 5, which supports media playback natively with no need for Flash, but we're in a transition period. Things will improve over the next few months
For example, HD playback from YouTube requires Flash, so if you point Firefox towards YouTube, you will get 360p only.
Have a look at this thread: http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showt...p?t=118801 - and follow up the link I posted there. Basically, you can install an addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox...eo-player/ - but this probably only works with YouTube (I haven't tried it).
Trying Chrome instead of Firefox might improve matters.
Naturally, don't use Internet Explorer. The latest version that XP supports is well out of date. Otherwise, I still have XP on one or two machines - it's fine if you're careful how you use it.
Firefox now blocks Flash by default. So it's not just a case of blocking out of date versions any more. It's a policy that comes from a good place - Flash is, well, you saw what Jeffrey said! - but it's used by a lot of websites...
Gradually we are moving over to HTML 5, which supports media playback natively with no need for Flash, but we're in a transition period. Things will improve over the next few months

For example, HD playback from YouTube requires Flash, so if you point Firefox towards YouTube, you will get 360p only.
Have a look at this thread: http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showt...p?t=118801 - and follow up the link I posted there. Basically, you can install an addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox...eo-player/ - but this probably only works with YouTube (I haven't tried it).
Trying Chrome instead of Firefox might improve matters.
Naturally, don't use Internet Explorer. The latest version that XP supports is well out of date. Otherwise, I still have XP on one or two machines - it's fine if you're careful how you use it.







