08-08-2015, 10:38 AM
(08-08-2015, 09:27 AM)pwdrive Wrote: Did the pot have two tracks?
Lawrence.
We wondered if that was the case, and spent quite a lot of time eliminating that.
At first glance, it looked like that might have been the answer, but no. There are two black tracks in parallel for the whole length of the fader travel, and the contact springs of the fader join the two together at a point determined by the position of the fader. Careful examination with very sharp DMM probes showed that the track was just that, and the other track had zero ohms across the whole of its length. So, not that...
There isn't much left to dream up now - and I'm not sure I can give any more information without giving away the answer. The strongest clue I can give is to repeat something I said initially: "And why, from the point of view of the manufacturer, were they doing this?"
About to go out for the day, so look forward to seeing further thoughts later

Mark







