30-07-2015, 05:12 PM
(30-07-2015, 10:37 AM)pid=\51946 Wrote:Dave, I use Paint for everything - not that I'd stop you experimenting with anything else, of course!
- Something I don't use but you may find it useful is the click Gridlines on the View menu ©. Paint doesn't have a 'snap to grid' function but you might find the grid easier to follow when drawing lines.
I note that you have a jpg symbol file, which is a pity - as I explained in another thread recently, the 'p' stands for pictures - the sort you take with a camera. You should use the png format (where the 'g' stands for graphics) for your schematics to avoid the degradation caused by the jpg compression.
I've attached a symbol file I've gradually been adding to over the years which you are free to use - note that the symbols are 200% of normal size!
Finally, to prove that you can draw (lots of) straight lines using Paint, I've attached the latest revision to the Dulwich museum's RF distribution system.
Thanks for the tips on Paint Terry - I never appreciated the 'grid line' facility under 'View', which for me, will prove really useful to line certain things up.
I must remember too, to save graphics as png - not jpeg!).
The symbols too, will be really useful, but I'm note sure how to import them into a Paint drawing. If I click on 'copy' (a symbol), I can click on paste in MS Word, and there it is on the screen. Same with 'Publisher' but If I've got Paint open, (a new drawing say), and copy a symbol then click on 'paste' nothing happens.
What's the process of importing symbols into Paint please?
(Wrote 'Confused', of Cottingham
)
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







