26-07-2015, 04:58 PM
(This post was last modified: 26-07-2015, 04:59 PM by pamphonica.)
It's nice to see that even these flats-creens don't just get junked. Good repair.
I have a bit of a phobia about switched mode supplies, even though I have successfully replaced quite a lot of faulty caps in such supplies in my time.
The phobia came after I spent all day replacing 8 damaged FETs buried in a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply). A very fiddly dis-assembly job. I switched on 6 hours later to be greeted with an almighty bang and I now had 16 FETs showing nothing more than three blackened stumpy legs each. No sign of the plastic packaging at all! Gave up....
I have a bit of a phobia about switched mode supplies, even though I have successfully replaced quite a lot of faulty caps in such supplies in my time.
The phobia came after I spent all day replacing 8 damaged FETs buried in a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply). A very fiddly dis-assembly job. I switched on 6 hours later to be greeted with an almighty bang and I now had 16 FETs showing nothing more than three blackened stumpy legs each. No sign of the plastic packaging at all! Gave up....
Jeremy. G8MLK. BVWS Chairman. British Vintage Wireless and TV Museum Friend.
Pamphonic Website ______________ BTTT OB Truck Restoration
Pamphonic Website ______________ BTTT OB Truck Restoration







