14-07-2015, 01:34 PM
Well here it is, finished, and I used it today for the first time.
I have quite a few 1920s/1930s AF transformers where the model number is no longer legible and from this pile I picked out an old Ferranti Output transformer, one of the OPM range from the early 1930s. I set the Ratio Meter on the 0-10v range and as can be seen in picture four below it gave a perfect 10:1, from which I can deduce it is the OPM5.
Very quick, very easy. Just my cup of tea
My thanks to all of you for the help and advice along the way, especially to Hugh.
Next project?..... mmm, I think it'll be a simple, triode valve curve plotter.
Nick.
I have quite a few 1920s/1930s AF transformers where the model number is no longer legible and from this pile I picked out an old Ferranti Output transformer, one of the OPM range from the early 1930s. I set the Ratio Meter on the 0-10v range and as can be seen in picture four below it gave a perfect 10:1, from which I can deduce it is the OPM5.
Very quick, very easy. Just my cup of tea

My thanks to all of you for the help and advice along the way, especially to Hugh.
Next project?..... mmm, I think it'll be a simple, triode valve curve plotter.
Nick.







