07-05-2015, 09:30 AM
Hi David,
I was talking about the bell push contacts - the subject of that paragraph was concerning the risk of false triggers caused by noise pickup from the bellwire.
Arguably though, a switch on the relay contacts might not be a bad plan as the bell will be a rather inductive load.
I must admit that personally, as a general principle, if I was committing to a PCB, I would thoroughly debug a Veroboard or breadboard prototype first - even for something as simple as this. But hopefully it's all good now
Cheers,
Mark
I was talking about the bell push contacts - the subject of that paragraph was concerning the risk of false triggers caused by noise pickup from the bellwire.
Arguably though, a switch on the relay contacts might not be a bad plan as the bell will be a rather inductive load.
I must admit that personally, as a general principle, if I was committing to a PCB, I would thoroughly debug a Veroboard or breadboard prototype first - even for something as simple as this. But hopefully it's all good now
Cheers,
Mark







