24-04-2015, 03:19 PM
(This post was last modified: 24-04-2015, 03:23 PM by Nowhere-Man.)
This job is now more or less wrapped up so am enclosing a pic of the chassis as it is now. I found soldering these film capacitors a bit of a pain at times due to the very short leads so think next time I'll try and get hold of long leaded capacitors such as Spragues that seem far more convenient to use.
The mains filter capacitor is rated for mains safety and that is now soldered between the rectifier anode and ground. Hopefully this will now be far safer than the old half-melted wax Hunts.
I did a test today between neutral and live and I found the resistance to be one and a half K. Not sure why the plug fuse was a 3 amp? I'll have a look what resistance is quoted in my service manual.
Very soon it will be ready for testing.
In one case I tried soldering multi-strand to lengthen one of the capacitors where the leads were too short. I then taped around most of the connection to eliminate any chance of a short. I'll probably use a few cable ties as well to keep the wires snug.
The mains filter capacitor is rated for mains safety and that is now soldered between the rectifier anode and ground. Hopefully this will now be far safer than the old half-melted wax Hunts.
I did a test today between neutral and live and I found the resistance to be one and a half K. Not sure why the plug fuse was a 3 amp? I'll have a look what resistance is quoted in my service manual.
Very soon it will be ready for testing.
In one case I tried soldering multi-strand to lengthen one of the capacitors where the leads were too short. I then taped around most of the connection to eliminate any chance of a short. I'll probably use a few cable ties as well to keep the wires snug.







