09-04-2015, 11:01 PM
Thanks for reading the thread Nick - good to know that you have a couple of DM70s, should I need one.
The one in the Nombrex seems quite healthy, as does the one on a Pye radio I have. They don't seem to loose their luminescence as do many magic eyes. I think it's just that for whatever reason, theres no null on the bridge so the voltage on the grid doesn't vary and the display just stays constant. Really, the compoenent coun't is so low that I can see me simply taking each component out to test and replace as necessary, checking for dry joints etc.
Id rhather hoped that changing the two electrolytic caps and two Hunts caps that it might have restored it to full health, but not so!
The one in the Nombrex seems quite healthy, as does the one on a Pye radio I have. They don't seem to loose their luminescence as do many magic eyes. I think it's just that for whatever reason, theres no null on the bridge so the voltage on the grid doesn't vary and the display just stays constant. Really, the compoenent coun't is so low that I can see me simply taking each component out to test and replace as necessary, checking for dry joints etc.
Id rhather hoped that changing the two electrolytic caps and two Hunts caps that it might have restored it to full health, but not so!
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







