13-03-2015, 05:44 PM
I have a couple of friends who had BMW motor bikes, one had a flat horizontal twin I think 1000cc, it had a series miss fire. They changed almost every thing they could think of including the battery, from Yorkie favour spot, Moto Bins. I was asked if I could think a reason for the miss fire, I asked had they changed the spark plug leads, no they hadn't, so I swopped over the leads and the miss fire was now on the other cylinder. They still weren't convinced until I borrow a pair of leads from another friend. The second one has 4 cylinder water cooled machine, again a miss fire, I tested the ignition coils and one of them was faulty, the primary was I think a fraction of an ohm. We used to go to Spalding fairly regularly and I have collected electrical spares from Moto Bins for the local BMW enthusiasts. They used have tested used spare or brand new. I can recommend them. Ted







