08-03-2015, 10:50 PM
(08-03-2015, 10:14 PM)Alan Douglas Wrote: No problems with the meters on mine. I recall finding one metal-film resistor off value, that's about it. Marvelous piece of equipment. You must have been the first person to see it at the rally? Or maybe the only one to realize it was well worth the asking price?
Hi Alan,
thank you for the reply, I haven;t delved under the covers yet as I thought I would ask what sort of things to look for.
I thought of changing the capacitors but will wait and see what suggestions I get, I looked over at the VRRR forum and there was sugestion of resistor checking on a couple of threads on the tester but all and all it looks like a warm up on the variac and a suck and see approach.
No I wasn't the first to see the tester and there was some very low offers from other people but the seller was advised what would be a sensible price and thats pretty much what I paid for it. It came from a silent key and his daughter was selling off his equipment and parts and wasn't really sure on the price but had thought to ask the AVO man that comes to the rallies and I belive attends the BVWS.
Many Thanks
Luke






