04-03-2015, 04:54 PM
Hello to all!
I've been interested in vintage radio for over 2 years and recently also developed an interest in vintage car cassette players and 8 tracks. Anyway, amongst the radios I have are Saalburg, Ultra, Bush, HMV, Pye and a 1939 Cossor battery set that is due to be tested soon after much work rewiring and re-capping.
I have a digital camera and am known to show pics sometimes of a project to get ideas.
I also have an interest in boats as well as the electrical side of engine wiring and so on.
Above all I spend a lot of time writing music, influenced by bands such as Beach Boys, Beatles, Stones, Jefferson Airplane and so on. This seems to go very well with vintage radio due to the analogue recording aspect of it all.
I'm not what you would say "advanced" in electronics but have done a bit of HAM radio kit theory as I have a good book from 1960.
I've been interested in vintage radio for over 2 years and recently also developed an interest in vintage car cassette players and 8 tracks. Anyway, amongst the radios I have are Saalburg, Ultra, Bush, HMV, Pye and a 1939 Cossor battery set that is due to be tested soon after much work rewiring and re-capping.
I have a digital camera and am known to show pics sometimes of a project to get ideas.
I also have an interest in boats as well as the electrical side of engine wiring and so on.
Above all I spend a lot of time writing music, influenced by bands such as Beach Boys, Beatles, Stones, Jefferson Airplane and so on. This seems to go very well with vintage radio due to the analogue recording aspect of it all.
I'm not what you would say "advanced" in electronics but have done a bit of HAM radio kit theory as I have a good book from 1960.







