08-02-2015, 08:18 AM
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2015, 08:18 AM by John M0GLN.)
(07-02-2015, 04:26 PM)Yorkie Wrote: Most decent sized towns have firms that will colour match any paint and mix an aerosol - there's one a couple of miles from me. If you take an item, they hold shade cards (with 20mm holes in them) over the item to get a match, then mix the paint. Not cheap, but at least there's no P&P to add to the price.
Good luck with the restoration John.
I had one of these made up when doing a re-spray on my Yaesu FT101ZD top cover, the local supplier of car refinishing products made it, as David says not cheap, about £14 but it was a perfect match, don't think I'd spend that much on a chassis though, I'd look for one nearest to the colour in local DIY shops etc.
John






