07-02-2015, 04:26 PM
Don't know about the colour for Pyes, but Gary put me onto Halford's own brand paint in Ford 'Dove Grey' which is an excellent match for Ekco chassis. Acrylic too, so being water based, doesn't have a strong odour. Having de-rusted a chassis, I sprayed it with high-build acid etch grey car body primer (readily available on e-bay), then a couple of coats of Dove Grey.
(Not very helpful to you in Geneva though John).
Most decent sized towns have firms that will colour match any paint and mix an aerosol - there's one a couple of miles from me. If you take an item, they hold shade cards (with 20mm holes in them) over the item to get a match, then mix the paint. Not cheap, but at least there's no P&P to add to the price.
Good luck with the restoration John.
(Not very helpful to you in Geneva though John).
Most decent sized towns have firms that will colour match any paint and mix an aerosol - there's one a couple of miles from me. If you take an item, they hold shade cards (with 20mm holes in them) over the item to get a match, then mix the paint. Not cheap, but at least there's no P&P to add to the price.
Good luck with the restoration John.
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







